Breakfast is arguably the most important part of the meal. What we eat during breakfast time will ultimately help us with our day to day lives. Here is an interesting tidbit of information: according to numerous studies, people who do not eat breakfast typically gain more weight than their breakfast-eating counterparts.
This is why an Endocrinologist by the name of Daniela Jakubowicz, MD, made a diet plan appropriately called the Big Breakfast Diet. The idea behind the diet plan is that you need, and I will repeat that, you NEED to eat breakfast every day.
Skipping breakfast meals will not only leave you lethargic, but it will also contribute to weight gain in the long run.
So, what do you need to know before you start on the Big Breakfast Diet? I am glad you ask because here are the tenets of the Big Breakfast Diet:
- Eating Breakfast is a MUST. I cannot expound it enough, but if you want to try out the big breakfast diet, you must absolutely eat breakfast every day. This is because your body’s metabolism will jumpstart the moment you eat within 15 minutes of waking up.
- Protein is your Main Food. Protein is the building block of muscles, and muscles burn more fat than just, well, fat. Dr. Jakubowicz notes that Protein is essential if you want to lose weight.
- The Perfect Ratio. The perfect ratio of foods that you should eat during breakfast is 7:2:2:1. That translates to 7 portions of Protein, 2 portions of Carbs, 2 portions of Fat and 1 portion of sweets (that do not contain starch). Now you know why it’s called the “Big” breakfast diet.
- How About Lunch and Dinner? Now, there are three major meals in a day: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Since you’ve already eaten the majority of the nutrient requirements your body needs during breakfast time, you only eat a small amount of food during lunch and dinner.
- No Sweets after Breakfast. Since you will be eating a lot of foods during breakfast, you have to skip eating sweets any other time of the day. This is to help your body burn more fat as your metabolism has already been kickstarted the moment you ate a breakfast fit for the kings.
- Alcohol again. During the first month of the Big Breakfast diet, you should not consume any alcoholic beverage (that includes wine). After the first month, you can then start slowly adding alcohol again in your diet. In fact, Dr. Jakubowicz says that you must drink at least a glass of wine per day (but do not drink during breakfast).
The Big Breakfast diet is actually one of the most effective diet plans out there. A lot of people do agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and Dr. Jakubowicz has created an amazing meal plan that is centered on eating breakfast.
If you want an easy to follow yet effective diet plan out there, you have to try the big breakfast diet.